A huge thank you to all of the individual donors that have supported us via our Give-A-Little donations page or via direct cash donations. We could not do the work that we do without your support.
Our home town of Wanaka in the South Island of New Zealand has been incredible and we’d like to say a special thanks to:
- Wanaka Primary School who raised a grand total of $2,561 NZD. Thank you to all the students, teachers and parents who helped with their fundraising efforts.
- Adventure Consultants for their generous donation of $2,600 from their incredibly successful film and auction night at Cinema Paradiso screening Beyond the Edge.
- Wanaka Community Nepal Fundraising event at the Lone Star which raised $1,879:
- Rozel Taylor and Lone Star Wanaka for organising the event and providing such a great venue
- Our entertainers Craig Smith, Robbie McCulloch, Anna van Riel and Mark Hamilton Music and to Grenville and Jan Craig for the sound gear
- All of the businesses that supported the event: Southern Lakes Heliski, BaseCamp Wanaka, Base Backpackers Wanaka, Bounce Wanaka, Cheapskates, Emily Watson Dog Walking, Fat Badgers Pizza (Queenstown), Food Pod, Lee Ball Massage Therapist, Lone Star Wanaka, Montessori Pre School, Mitre Ten Wanaka, New World Wanaka, Orbis, Pakaru Art (Bay of Islands), Panfleet, Patagonia Wanaka, Road to Beauty, Ruby’s Cinema, Soggy Dawg, Treble Cone, Video Easy, Wanaka Sun, Wanaka Wine Tours and the Water Bar.
- All of the Wanaka folk who came along and supported the event
- The Nepal Fundraising night at the Wyndham Resort who generously donated 50% of the proceeds from the night, a grand total of $2,422:
- Adie Meredith and her team at the Wyndham for organising the event and donating prizes for auction and cash from the bar sales.
- All the Wanaka businesses who donated prizes, auction items and entertainment towards this event: Adventure Wanaka Lake cruise, Alpine Connexions, Altamont Lodge, Cardrona Ski Resort, Fish and Cruise Wanaka, Funny French Cars, Green Toad ski/snowboard equipment hire, High Country Stables horse riding, Hot Yoga fusion, Kai Whaka Pai, Lake Bar and Water Bar, Soak Day Spa, Southern Alps Air, Treble Cone, Wanaka River Journeys, Wanaka Trike Tours, Wanaka Wastebusters and Wild Earth.
- The entertainers Samantha Haines and Isaac Bell (Mount Aspiring College students) and DJ Chris J and Bills Way.
- All the locals and guests that came along and supported this great cause.
- Wanaka Wastebusters for their generous donation of$1,099 which was given by staff and visitors to the Wastebusters reuse shop.